Founded in 1963, the International Slurry Surfacing Association (ISSA) is a nonprofit association dedicated to the interests, education, and success of slurry surfacing professionals and corporations around the world. Internationally recognized as the authority in slurry surfacing technology, ISSA promotes the highest standards of ethics and quality while providing its members with information, technical assistance, and ongoing opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Promote increased use of asphalt slurries for efficient pavement surfacing
- Provide technical data for monitoring and upgrading slurry surfacing and microsurfacing products.
- Advocate and encourage public and private interests in the use of asphalt slurries as effective, costsaving and safe additions to road maintenance programs.
- Encourage and promote ethical construction practices by all members of this association within the industry.
- Aid all members of the association in furthering the successes of asphalt slurry surfacing and micro surfacing.
Note: In 2008, ISSA members voted to expand ISSA’s scope to include Chip Seal and Crack Treating. It is ISSA’s intent to eventually offer everything it currently offers for slurry seal and micro surfacing to chip seal and crack treating. New committees for these two disciplines are working now to develop guideline specifications, and technical and promotional materials, and the programs for the Slurry Systems Workshop and the Annual Convention have been expanded to include presentations on subjects of interest to the chip seal and crack treating industries.